Terms & Conditions
- Conference is the event in the sphere of blockchain held in the Malaysia, named “Blockchain Forensics Summit” (hereinafter – “conference”).
- The conference is organized and managed by Blockchain Asia Sdn Bhd, a company registered in Malaysia with registered office at 27 Jalan MIVO 1, Taman Perindustrian Desa Aman, 52200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (hereinafter – “Blockchain Asia”).
- References to “us” means Blockchain Asia and references to “we” and “our” shall be construed accordingly. Reference to “you” and “Participant” means the entity completing a booking request and references to “your” shall be construed accordingly. By completing the booking request the entity accepts and becomes bounded with the present provisions of Terms and Conditions with Blockchain Asia.
- All applications to register for the conference, and all orders to purchase the relevant documentation pack, are made subject to these Terms & Conditions (which shall apply to the exclusion of any terms imposed by you).
- You acknowledge and accept that we have the right to publicly announce our business relationship with you which shall include but not be limited to announcements on social media. Such announcements shall not be disparaging or otherwise adverse to your business.
- By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
- Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
2. REGISTRATION / BOOKING / PURCHASING
- Blockchain Asia may collect data from you in the course of purchasing and or registering for tickets sold by Blockchain Asia (and/or other group companies). You give your permission for your user account details to be stored and acknowledge that you may provide Blockchain Asia a reasonable timeframe to remove your details at any time that you no longer wish them to be stored. You acknowledge and accept that your data will be used for commercial purposes in accordance with Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and will be retained and stored for this purpose. Should you wish your data to be removed you must request Blockchain Asia to do so in writing. Refer to our “Contact Us” in our webpage for more details.
- Prices are set out on the online booking form and may be subject to change from time to time. All prices are subject to local taxes where appropriate.
- Blockchain Asia has been integrated to work with PayPal’s checkout, this option gives you the ability to use your PayPal account (if any) to purchase tickets to our events. When choosing this option, you will be sent to PayPal’s site to enter your PayPal user ID and password. Once entered, you will return to the Blockchain Asia site to complete the transaction.
- Blockchain Asia can also be used with other payment processors. We currently interface with a number of different payment gateways. If you don’t have (or don’t wish to get) an e-commerce merchant account, you can process credit cards or local bank transfer to our registered bank, with the following details:
- Registered Bank’s name:
- Bank Account Holder’s name:
- Bank Account No.:
- If you are purchasing your ticket using a credit card, Blockchain Asia may require the card holder to provide additional payment verification upon request by either submitting an online form.
- If we have not received payment in full and cleared funds within seven (7) days from the date of the booking of the tickets, your ticket will not be issued. Once your booking has been received you are liable for all outstanding payments for your registration, whether or not you attend the event, unless we notify you that your booking was not successful because the event is full.
- You must cover your own travel and accommodation expenses and make these arrangements on your own. We assume no responsibility for the reservation of accommodation.
3. REFUNDS / CANCELLATIONS / DISCOUNTS
- All purchases of tickets for conferences and events (including hotel rooms if applicable) are non-refundable in their entirety. Your ticket remains the property of Blockchain Asia and is a personal revocable license, which may be withdrawn, and admission refused at any time upon a refund of the printed registration price.
- If for any reason Blockchain Asia decides to cancel this event, Blockchain Asia accepts no responsibility for covering airfare, hotel or other costs incurred by registrants, including delegates, sponsors, speakers and guests.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations due to weather or other causes beyond the Registrant’s control. In the unlikely event of cancellation of a conference or event by Blockchain Asia, the liability of Blockchain Asia is limited to the share of paid registration fees that remains after credit card and payment processing fees have been incurred and deducted.
- Discounts cannot be combined with any other discount or multiple offer and apply to new bookings only; there will be no adjustments on previous registration
- Once a successful purchase transaction has been completed, tickets are delivered in electronic soft-copy via email to the email address nominated by the purchaser. For some ticket types it may be necessary to complete required information – such as attendee name or tax identification number, in cases of student(s) or company’s staff(s), we will require information such as student ID (with picture) or staff ID (with picture) – before the tickets can be issued.
- The ticket acts as a receipt for the transaction and can be used to redeem entry at the event listed on the ticket. A printed hard-copy ticket or an electronic soft-copy ticket detailing the reference number can be used to register at the event.
5. EXHIBITOR INFORMATION
- Blockchain Asia will not provide transport or travel expenses to or from any event or conference. Blockchain Asia will consider but not guarantee exhibiting startups’ requests for day changes at any event or conference.
- All items (screens, laptops, cabling and other electronic equipment, rooms, furniture e) supplied are on a rental basis and no exchange, transfer or refund of ordered items on- site will be entertained. Exhibitors must pay for any damages or losses caused to items supplied to them. Cancelled orders are not refundable.
- Non-standard items may be offered on request, subject to a separate quotation, and are subject to the same terms and conditions. Any complaint regarding rental items or installation must be lodged before the opening of the event. In respect of items rented on the day, items should be inspected immediately and tested to ensure they work. Otherwise all items are deemed to be received in good order and condition. The equipment must be insured “all risk” by the hirer, who will remain liable until the authorised staff has collected the equipment. In case of disappearance, the equipment will be invoiced at the original insurance value
6. CHANGES TO THE CONFERENCE AND CANCELLATIONS
- It may be necessary for reasons beyond our reasonable control to alter the advertised content, timing and/or location of the conference or the advertised speakers. We reserve the right to do this at any time. Where we alter the time and/or location of the conference, we will provide you with notice of the same.
- If you are unable to attend the conference we welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no extra cost provided that we have at least 14 days prior notice of the name of your proposed substitute and have received payment in full. Please notify us by referring to our “Contact Us” details in our webpage.
- In the event that the Conference cannot be held or is postponed due to events beyond our control (force majeure) or due to events which are not attributable to gross negligence (“faute lourde”) or willful misconduct (“dol”), we cannot be held liable. Under these circumstances, we will reimburse the Participants the registration fee after deducting costs already incurred for the organization of the Conference and which could not be recovered from third parties.
7. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
- Certain content, products and services available via our Service may include materials from third-parties.
- Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
- We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third- party websites. Please review carefully the third-party’s policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third- party.
8. PRIVACY & CONSUMER INFORMATION
9. ELECTRONIC SERVICES
- By accessing, responding to, subscribing to, or making any purchase or payment through any Electronic Services you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and any acceptable use policy we may introduce in future (which will form part of these terms and conditions).
- You agree to protect and keep secret any login information, username or password created or made available to you for any Electronic Service. We will have no liability to you of any kind for loss or damage you may suffer as a result of unauthorised access to or use of such information as a result of your acts, omissions or negligence.
- We may accept payments for ticket fees, and goods and services you order through our Electronic Services. We use third party payment gateway service providers (Payment Providers) to facilitate such payments. The amount you are authorising us to charge you through your selected payment method will be displayed at the time you authorise the payment to us. An acceptance of your payment does not signify acceptance of your ticket application or order.
- We make no guarantees that our Electronic Services or the information contained in or provided through our Electronic Services will be free of harmful computer viruses, data, code or programs. You should ensure you are using an up to date virus scanne
10. ERRORS, INACCURACIES AND OMISSIONS
- Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
- We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the Service or on any related website has been modified or update
11. PROHIBITED USES
- In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using the site or its content for any unlawful purpose or to perform or participate in any unlawful acts;
- As a condition to visit our site, you are responsible for complying with all local rules, laws, and regulations including, without limitation, rules about intellectual property rights, the Internet, technology, data, electronic mail, or privacy.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell, distribute or exploit, any portion of the Platform for any purpose.
- You agree not to defame, harass, abuse, threaten, stalk or defraud users of the Platform, or collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about users or third parties without their consent.
- You agree not to intentionally interfere with or damage, impair or disable the operation of the Platform or any user’s enjoyment of it, by any means, including but not limited to uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, worms, spyware, adware or other malicious code.
- We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses not specifically mentioned herein.
12. USER COMMENTS, FEEDBACK AND OTHER SUBMISSIONS
- We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Services (“Feedback”). Any Feedback you submit to us will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary to you and you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. By submitting Feedback to us, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use and publish those ideas and materials for any purpose, without compensation to you.
- We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & INDEMNITY
- Blockchain Asia and its subsidiaries will not be liable for any loss injury or damage to any person or property howsoever caused (save for death or personal injury as a result of Blockchain Asia’s negligence or for any other type of liability that cannot by law be excluded or limited.)
- Blockchain Asia will not be liable for the granting of any visas that are required to attend any event or conference. In the event that an attendee’s visa is not granted tickets will not be refunded for any event or confer
- Please note that while speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of Blockchain Asia may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, Blockchain Asia reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics if necessary without any liability to you whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on our website as soon as possible.
- You agree to indemnify us, our staff and our affiliates and to hold us harmless to the fullest extent permitted by law, against all loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind arising from any act or omission by you (including your delegates) during or otherwise in relation to a conference.
- You agree to be fully responsible for (and fully indemnify us against) all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, suffered by us and arising out of any breach of the terms by you or any other liabilities incurred by us arising out of your use of the website, or use by any other person accessing the website using your pc or internet access account.
- The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
- These Terms of Service are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms of Service at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use our Services, or when you cease using our site.
- If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms of Service, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).
15. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
- The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this site or in respect to The Service constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
16. CHANGES TO THE AGREEMENT
- Blockchain Asia shall be entitled at any time and from time to time to vary, amend, add, review, supplement, substitute or replace all or any of the terms and conditions by way of notification to you to the extent that is applicable and relevant to you or post the updated terms and conditions in Blockchain Asia’s Website.
- No change to the Terms proposed by you shall bind Blockchain Asia unless agreed to in writing by us.
17. NO WAIVER AND CUMULATIVE RIGHTS
- No failure or delay on the part of Blockchain Asia in exercising nor any omission to exercise any right herein, upon any default on your part, shall impair any such right, power, privilege or remedy or be construed as a waiver thereof or an acquiescence to such default nor shall any action by Blockchain Asia in respect of any default or any acquiescence to any such default, affect or impair any of Blockchain Asia’s respective rights, powers, privileges or remedies in respect of any other subsequent default.
- The rights and remedies provided by the Terms are cumulative and are not exclusive of any rights or remedies of the parties provided at law.
18. RECONSTRUCTION & SUCCESSORS IN TITLE
- The rights and obligations created by the Terms shall continue to be valid and binding for all purposes whatsoever notwithstanding any change by amalgamation, merger, reconstruction or otherwise which may be made in the constitution of Blockchain Asia shall be binding upon you hereto and your respective assigns, heirs, successors and legal representative
- Any term, condition, stipulation, provision, covenant or undertaking in the Terms which is illegal, void, voidable, prohibited or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever shall be ineffective to the extent of such illegality, voidness, voidability, prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions hereof and any such illegality, voidness, voidability, prohibition or unenforceability shall not invalidate or render illegal, void or unenforceable any other term, condition, stipulation, provision, covenant or undertaking herein contained.
- You shall not or delegate or assign or transfer all or any part of the Terms without the prior written approval of the Blockchain Asia and any assignment, transfer or delegation which is made without such prior written approval shall constitute a breach on your part. You hereby consent to and Blockchain Asia is permitted to assign or transfer all or any the rights and obligations under the Terms.
21. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- You acknowledge that Blockchain Asia is the owner of all Intellectual Property vested in, under or accruing to the Electronic Services extended to you herein. You agree that it shall not tamper with nor do anything that will infringe Blockchain Asia’s rights in relation to our and/or third party’s Intellectual Property and shall safeguard and protect the Intellectual Property at all times.
- You agree and covenants that it shall not, and shall not in any way permit, enable, suffer or cause any person or entity, to or attempt to:
- modify, reproduce, alter, adjust or create in any manner any derivative works of the content in, under or to the websites for use, transmission, distribution or display on the websites without Blockchain Asia’s prior written consent;
- tamper, restrict or otherwise interfere in any way whatsoever with any part, function or operation of the Electronic Services;
- retransmit, disseminate, sell, distribute, publish, broadcast, circulate or commercially exploit the information contained in, on or under the websites in any manner whatsoever without the Blockchain Asia’s prior written consent; or
- use the information contained on the websites for any illegal purposes or in such manner as to encourage illegal activitie
- Blockchain Asia may develop or use electronic tools (i.e. spreadsheets, databases, software) in providing the Electronic Services. You acknowledge that the electronic tools shall remain Blockchain Asia’s property and that Blockchain Asia has developed them solely for our use. You shall use the tools at their own risk and shall refrain from providing such tools to any third party.
22. APPLICABLE LAW
- This Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and the parties hereby irrevocably agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia.
[The rest of this page is intentionally left blank]